Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Universe Agrees with You

Greetings in Gratitude!

Yes, the Universe agrees with you, with me, with everyone. It always does, it always has. Then, why, I sometimes wonder, do we react as if what's going on is simply wrong, or not ours at all?

We're in the same boat about how it feels. I don't like it, either, when someone accuses me or acts out in front of me. It's uncomfortable to have the experience, first of all. Then it's even more discomforting when I have to face that the event is mine.

This was my experience last night. An old friend and client emailed his disappointment in the content of a session his former wife and I had a few years ago. I don't know how he obtained the information, but that is really not the point. His wife, as I remember, was counseled to trust herself, that her first obligation was to her children and herself as she looked at her marriage, deciding how to proceed, how to create the rest of her life.

His accusations briefly wounded me. I did not like being the object of his pain and denial. It hurt that I could be accused of compromising our friendship; I was hurt that my role could be misinterpreted. My initial reaction was to respond. Clearly, his email said, "do not reply."
And I knew this was the wisest course. Wisdom quickly kicked in to say, "His pain is not your responsibility," and "What is your wisdom in this?"

So here I had a composite event related to many things we've been exploring here in this blog.

1."People will only challenge me when my conviction wavers."
Time to meditate again on conviction related to my roles with people and residual beliefs that I carry responsibility for them. Time to surrender another layer.

2."Each person's Plan is perfect."
And so is mine and yours. He has a right to his beliefs and to his perfect journey.
Whose life is this, anyway?

3."I live independently, accountable to no one."
I reach into the old belief that self-consciousness has any place in my life, and release again.
Loving myself more I have more to share, especially with my old friend, shared in Spirit.

4."Wisdom prevails, and as I breathe, I recall it."
More wisdom equals more freedom and more joy.
5. "My Universe always agrees with me."
Thank you, my old friend. I know myself better because you share your pain.
We are all here on a journey to learn ourselves. This friend supports my journey.

Until next time, Breathing with you,
I am Phyllis, Becoming


No comments: