Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Expanding Creations

Greetings in Gratitude!

An odd little idiosyncrasy popped up yesterday that gave me pause, so of course it prompted this posting.

In the process of posting to this blog, I occasionally get an email response from a reader, but the comment notation at the bottom of the posting shows no numbers, so I have assumed there were none. Yesterday I realized there is a "comments" heading I had never explored. Clicking on it, I found a number of lovely comments from many of you, and I thank you so much for taking the time to so thoughtfully respond.

This, in turn, reminded me of my 19th summer, working here in Minneapolis for what we then called, "Ma Bell," and living alone for the first time. After a falling out with my roommates, I moved to a two-room apartment in an old house on Nicollet Ave. I shared a bathroom with the 3rd floor tenant. This place was very inexpensive, so when I had no hot water the first day, I assumed it was a "cold water flat." This didn't bother me much since I had hot water in the bathroom, so I simply heated water for dishes, etc. I only lived there a few months, and when I prepared to move, I left the kitchen water running in the pail to wash the floors. I came back to find it full of steaming water!

These are only two of several instances of living within the confines of my own assumptions; living as if there were no more, as if my Universe had limits. I was born into a family that seemed perfectly happy to live in a very small house without running water for several years, as many of our neighbors did. So I learned to accept what was. And while I had dreams, I learned not to expect more than I could see. Of course, my Universe agreed with me. It always does.

Now, however, having moved into Third Earth, we are stretching our creational muscles, standing tall and asking what we have not yet considered. How may we expand our version of life on Earth? What have we not yet explored that lies in store for us in The All That Is?

My expanded version is bursting through the walls of my apartment these days. This morning I woke aching with the remnants of a dream that my life included a dog. The feeling is so real that I know it is a precognition that one day my life will change to include a new, furry friend.

So as I write, I wonder, what is in the expanded version of your life? Where have you, like me, sometimes settled for a version limited by conditioned, karmic perspective? How have you unintentionally created a narrow selection? Remember that dreams are not concrete and produce little but wistfulness. Our new creations may begin with a dream, but we need intentions, stated with breath and gratitude, to punch out the confining walls of our previous lives and open us into Expanded Creation.

Until next time, in Expanded Creation,
I am Phyllis, Becoming


1 comment:

wabana said...

I have been thinking a lot about doing the "unthinkable" since I chose to retire last year. Your thoughts urge me to use my imagination and have faith in the challenges ahead. Thanks for the encouragement!