Thursday, March 24, 2011

Magic

Happy Day!

Opening to this day, greeting everyone who loves me, I am expressing thanks for this perfect Thursday and for Mom, who is strongly celebrating her 91st birthday!

I am also observing a new thought about magic. Yesterday, considering life in general and some delightful events, Wisdom said, "Magic." And I felt it as a concept I had not considered before, so as I write I am exploring what more Wisdom may have to say about it.

The Magic of Creation is in every event, every condition, every pattern, every everything. When I first heard this reference to Magic yesterday, being the person I am, I wondered how I would/could understand it. Then I had to laugh at myself because the answer was so obvious: explaining anything as "Magic," IS the answer. And it means another level of surrender without understanding. Can I just let it be without feeling I have an obligation to understand it and to explain it to others? I am back at square one: Breath.

I am released from the logical or even metaphysical trip I usually take to get inside of the thought or concept to disseminate it. My curiosity has usually taken me on a trip that ultimately, Wisdom says, is an endless journey without a destination. The depth and intricacy of Creation is so great that we cannot get an answer. Creation is so far outside our ability to understand it that, finally, maybe our best option is to name it, "Magic," and certainly to surrender. Surrendering to what we cannot understand is the key. Another level of surrender. Simply to be. Breathing.

Now I wonder how long this blog will have any meaning. I could just log on each day and say,
"Breathe." Will be interesting for me to see where I go from here.

Until the next breath,
I am Phyllis, still Becoming

No comments: