Friday, March 18, 2011

It's In The Details

Grand and Glorious Day to you!

Sheer happiness happens when the details in any day converge to support my choices and my actions. Isn't it wonderful to have days like this? The farther I go the farther I get. I can remember that my theme was, "The hurrier I go the behinder I get." Of course, if I let myself run willy-nilly I can still feel that way, but I love living increasingly in the synchronicity of the intuitive life. And that includes paying attention to the details - without attaching to them.

Details are not random. Any thing that catches my attention is part of my daily fabric. Any small thing, seemingly unrelated to anything else, can later reveal a pattern or become, by itself, a message that only occurs to me later. Everything is its own distinct color in the weaving of my life.

When people come for a session and notice the fabulous amethyst geode in my office, I know Barbara is present. It was her daughter who purchased the geodes for myself and other people who are close to Barbara. Not everyone notices, but when someone does, I believe it is Barbara's spirit they see. It's an opportunity to acknowledge Barbara and thank her once again.

My grandchildren are so often messengers in my life. Life is busy when I am with them and it might be easy to overlook the gifts they bring me. But when I breathe and notice, the light is brighter and the richness of their spirit obvious. They reveal to me the kinds of human beings they are by the questions they ask and the details they ask me for in the stories I tell.

But less obvious details of life tell me so much. Attention on anything means something. When we breathe and allow that attention to carry us forward, more is revealed and life is richer.

We know dreams have meaning in the details, but we may dismiss details that seem unimportant. Everything in a dream has meaning. A wise teacher once told me that every dream has 7 layers of meaning. In that perspective, every nuance is a part of the message. How did it make you feel? What was it related to? Was it, in fact, a factor that your Consciousness used to communicate to help you work through another layer of your life?

Life used to feel crowded and distracting. Now it feels abundant and significant. Gifts are imbedded in every event, every experience, every phase of life. We are richer for them.

Until next time,
I am, Phyllis, still Becoming


No comments: