Monday, July 26, 2010

Parables and Masters

Greetings in Gratitude!

In several conversations lately, I've found others like me who are bringing to the surface these days the human belief/stream of consciousness regarding the lives of others and how they might be "fixed." And closely related is the trouble we get into when we feel the whole responsibility for a group situation.

Now, if you've walked the path of the Truth Student for some time, you've contemplated before this truth: Everyone's Plan is perfect. Yet, especially with people we love, when there's an issue, an illness, a family conflict, a child struggling - well, you name it and we've visited there - then we react. This gut-level reaction is so deeply imbedded that we hardly realize we are having one.

What came up as an example of this life lesson is the parable Jesus offered in THE PRIMER channeled guidance from God and the Masters that I channeled in 1983 and published in 1986:

In the days of Jesus Christ, a man came to Jesus complaining that his wife refused to meet the Master and to learn about God. Jesus answered the man thus: "What purpose would it serve if you forced your wife to come when she chooses not to listen?" "But, the man said, "why does she so stubbornly refuse to come and hear the great Truth?" "My son, Jesus said, "why do you not hear the truth? Each will come to God in his own way and in his own time. Do you seek to serve your own needs in your attempts to persuade your wife? Surely she is of God as you are. Did you know God last week? And how close to God are you in this week if you use the Truth to browbeat your wife? Surely you will persuade her better by living the Truth than by wielding it as a weapon."

Although this parable is specific to faith, still it applies to our deeply held belief that what we know is more reliable that what another knows, especially when we see them struggling. I had to address this in myself when I felt so compelled by my training with the Masters. I was so filled with zealous energy to share everything I "knew." They discouraged my telling anyone for months. And only then to bring it up gently to those closest to me. Thank you, Vishnu, for guiding me so wisely. I was sensitive enough even after the heat had cooled in me.

Jesus' words are a standard by which we can live our lives more peacefully. I need not be the crusader, charging out to "save" anyone. I can recognize the result of reaction; anxiety that always follows when I give away my power. I can breathe, recall the perfection in all people in all things. In breath I am able to identify what role I might play that is respectful of the Perfect Plan. This does not make me an uninvolved or complacent human. On the contrary, in breath, acting as System, I am able to fulfill my role as an observer and objective participant.
Then, the Consciousness is stimulated to create a channel between Minds through which all are served.

To address this further, I always see the several Masters who came to Earth, each part of the one Soul holding that Truth which would guide the human journey of the tribe to which that Master was related. As they came to the planet, each to lead in their own Truth, they were all of Source, equally endowed with the perfection that would inspire others.

And so the Buddha came in his time for the tribe that would follow him, and Jesus in his time, and Muhammed, and Moses, and Allah and so forth. None of these would argue with any other. Each knew the Truth that would serve the planet best at that time and for those people. No distinction came with them that separated them from any other. Diverse human experience is the result, and System says that all are necessary, all are critical to the whole fabric of human evolution.

And so are you, and so am I, and so is the person who tugs at your heart with an appearance that something is "wrong," or challenges your peace by insisting that you must be the person to intervene or at least be sympathetic. Oh, my teachers, thank you all. Perfect.

Until next time, Breathing with you,
I am Phyllis, Becoming


No comments: