Thursday, April 12, 2012

Transparency

Hello on this Perfect Thursday,


This being authentic, really transparent, can feel like a lot of work.  All that we are is a collective, the results of a journey, along which we gather so many patterns and beliefs, so much behavior that coming to terms with it can feel all consuming.  It's like taking a walk and having to bend down and overturn every stone on the path.  What's under there?  Is this real, can I live with that, who is it that I choose deliberately to be? 


The results are huge, of course.  Walking more lightly on this good Earth is a payoff I celebrate.  At the same time, some of those rocks have been holding tightly to the Earth.  Prying them loose makes me sweat.  It's a good sweat, like the one I felt on my body this morning after 45 minutes of aerobic activity.  I know I'm making progress when I perspire and I can feel the toxins releasing from my muscles.  Good work.


The treadmill I use in the Fitness Center is programmed, when I come to the end of my walk, to read, "Great Workout!"  No such digital message appears on my mental screen when I've achieved some release of one of those occluding rocks.  I've realized how important it is for me to hug myself, appreciate what I've accomplished, because as good as the result is, my appearance does not change with internal work as it does with physical exercise. 


Oh, just a minute there, I realize that I've revealed to myself a truth about that:  the changes do show as I smile more, as my energy is more open to others, as I am more available to loved ones and to strangers.  When we hide less, we obviously walk more in Light.
And that will always make a difference.   I join with all of you who walk this path and say, "Great Workout!"


Breathing,
I am Phyl-El

No comments: