Friday, April 13, 2012

Perspiration & Payoffs

Hello, again!

We've heard it all:  Let go and let God, Breathe, stay in the moment, Allow, Surrender.  We hear them, these loving and persistent messages and we follow the direction as best we can, knowing it works in our favor when we do, when we can.

Tomorrow will be fine when it comes.  It doesn't need me to monitor it.  It's almost 3 p.m.  Four p.m. doesn't need me there, to make sure everything then will be OK.  I breathe.

Yesterday, getting up, I heard, "threat."  And after a detailed dream last night, I realize that I have brought to this life an expectation, an underlying dread as real as my sense of smell, that colors the quality of my life.

I'm a upbeat person.  I live with an intention that is not forced - most of the time - to live with a positive, life-is-good attitude.  I am not entirely surprised to realize that the conditioning of this life and the effect of countless other lifetimes cause me to unconsciously expect a threat to overcome my conscious intention to live with a smile on my face and an expectation of goodness in the world.  Because, although I am a positive person, I have become aware that the symptoms of 'threat' are crowding to the forefront to demand my attention.

When I am not threatened, when my life if flowing along,  I realize that I create situations that will challenge me.  I push the envelope, however unconsciously, to give me something to prove against, something to exercise my ingenuity, some creative 'opportunity' to succeed in spite of, or because of, the challenge.


Living with the influence of 'threat,' I am poised to address it, even when I am not aware I am poised.  But now that my life is built on breath, I have become aware how much energy it takes to be poised for the onslaught.  Oh, my.  


Today is a day to breathe, yes, and to remain with intention in this moment exactly as it is.  In this breath I have no attention on anything past or future.  In this breath I am at peace and sharply aware that in this pattern anything deserving my attention is more richly addressed when I am at rest.


Breathing with you,
I am Phyl-El

No comments: