Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stripping Away

Good Tuesday Morning!


"Thank you, God, for this perfect Tuesday, for the support and nourishment of this good Earth, for the inspiration and counsel of the Heavens.  Thank you, everyone who loves me.  I love you back."


This is my ritual, breathing deeply and opening to any day, however it feels, whatever else is true.  Sometimes what is true is that we are faced with stripping away everything that is not true, not authentic. Today is such a day. 


A friend says her premise is:  no complaining, no explaining.  It seems to me that as long as we are complaining or explaining we are hiding behind the facade we choose to shield us from discovery.


Many of us have something we do not feel comfortable revealing.   Perhaps private thoughts, behaviors, past actions or desires remain hidden.  Many of us feel the need, when we realize we are hiding something, to confess, to profess to a professional or to a self-help group, a friend or family member.
None of these is wrong.  We all choose how we reveal and what help we need to stand in authentic light.


As I explore my feelings here, I feel so blessed to have an outlet to sort out and process.  Stripping away the old today is not about explaining or complaining.  I realize how much time I spend with friends talking about my life.  All that I share with them helps me come to answers, and I am just as grateful for what they share.  Our Wisdom comes in, sheds light, on our challenges when we say out loud what we're trying to understand.  Where would I be without them or without my clients whose sessions connect us with such awesome Wisdom?  No, I am not abandoning trusted sharing.  Sometimes, though, my sharing includes complaining and explaining, and my intention is to change that.


I am not alone with my private thoughts.  I have God.  With God I have nothing to hide, no thing that is unknown.  I have no need to disguise myself, and what I know today is that the machinations, the mental and emotional gymnastics, take energy that I can better channel elsewhere.  With breath, I can be clear without explaining or complaining in the old, dependent mode.


Stripping away is, finally, a relief.  When facing a major shift one day in 1985, I was climbing the stairs (insert irony here) talking out loud about my fears, asking for help.  I heard myself saying, "It's you and me, God," and felt to the depths of me the partnership I then knew was absolute.  In that unity, anything is possible.


Until next time,
I am Phyl-El

No comments: