Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry, Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

The energy of this season is so amazing! On the one (mittened) hand we carry the joy of the birth of Christ, on the other hand, we feel the pressures of the season.

A warm note: some of us get away from it all and enjoy the sun in Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Hawaii, etc., so hello to all of you who choose warmer weather. I don't know how I'd celebrate without all the snow, though, so I've chosen and will just shut up about the 5-foot snowbanks.

I treasure Christmas. I hold all the warm memories close to me and shun the new trend to be politically correct with greetings of, "Happy Holidays!" I celebrate the birth of Christ with much joy and gratitude, yet I am not a traditional Christian.

I go through many of the traditional rituals, though my goal is to embrace only those traditions I can manage with ease. Cards seem not to be my style anymore. I love the ones I receive and try to relax my traditional response. I love the trees and lights in the windows of my neighbors, thank them in my heart, and am grateful that as an apartment dweller my doing less is possible without explanation.

This year it seems I've done all I can do while also attending the shifting energy of the planet. This Solstice rotation has been a challenge and a blessing in service. I'm reflecting longingly on the days not long ago when I was sleeping 8 hours a night. These days I find myself awake at 4:00 a.m., opening my heart to the day with gratitude, honoring what I can do for our planet, while gratefully accepting all the help I can get to take care of life. Thank you, God, for meditation naps!

I am so grateful to have partners who understand the dichotomy. How would we hold our balance without dear friends in body and in Spirit who share the assignment and support us on this astonishing journey. The new planet in this crystal frequency is still learning itself, as you and I are learning ourselves, differently from the way humans have ever done before us.

Oh, what gratitude and wonder. Macy's was busy yesterday, as we were there for Santa and the show. We couldn't have picked a better day; 30 deg. weather, and absolutely NO lines! Santa, we decided, was the real Santa, not a helper. He was perfect, from his real beard to his twinkling eyes. Andrea and I agreed, we loved best of all the gorgeous, animated trees in the Elves show. Shannon would not disclose what she whispered in Santa's ear, secretive and busy enjoying her cotton-candy-flavored ice cream.

Christmas Eve is dinner and gifts at their house, then off to a church service that includes the children. Christmas day is at Mom's. I chose a simple oven meal to simplify our day, and Mom will make her traditional fruit salad, especially to please my cousin, Cheryl, who no longer has many memories - except the holiday fruit salad we all enjoy.

For all of you, I wish warm memories and joy in the celebration of Christ who brings us the message of love. His mystical energy lifts us out of the stress and into the crystal frequency of New Earth. This Christmas, as never before, we celebrate the birth of a new life.

Until our next visit,
I am Phyllis, still Becoming


No comments: