Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Benefits of Virtual Realities

Greetings!

Hello, December, and hello to all of you with whom I share this amazing journey.

A lovely client last night prompts more thought about our realities, so thought sharing it with you I might realize even more wisdom from it.

Her Group likened all the scenarios in our lives to virtual reality games we choose to play or to simply observe. In her situation, and in our lives as well, we live a good deal of our lives reacting to the expectations and influences of other people. Or perhaps it is a situation that does not involve us, except that we observe it and it trigger something within us. Do I want to involve myself in the realities of others, or do I choose to stand apart, observing and allowing all of that virtual reality play itself out without me.

That doesn't mean we are not involved. Observing, we are involved to some degree. And if I react, it is because somewhere within my Plan, I recognize a situation not yet personally resolved. It is mine, somehow, somewhere. Consciousness being what it is, we cannot be separate. The question is, how much of my energy will I invest in the scenario. The more I react, the more it controls me; the more it controls me, the more I react.

An aging person I know who feels an increasing loss of control in her own life, reacts strongly to a friend whose situation seems out of balance and detrimental to her well being. While completely understandable in our 3-D world, the reaction dims her own joy. Conversation about every person's Perfect Plan doesn't "fix" the situation for my friend. That's OK, it's not mine to fix, but I feel it's OK to contribute where I can, breathe and let it go. Sometimes it is clear that I need simply to breathe, observe the person or situation in the Sacred and release it.

Learning is in the observing. Where do I react most? What does that say about me and how does it apply to my own experience? Judgement aside, observing teaches so much. We are human so we are going to react. Breath takes us from reaction to observing; perhaps releasing it from our own 3-D reality, placing it instead on a virtual reality screen simply to observe.

Until next time,
I am Phyllis, still Becoming

No comments: