Thursday, December 30, 2010

Boldly Striding into 2011

Greetings from the End of 2010!

The holidays sure cut into my energy to post here, not to mention all the compressed energy on our dear planet which also required some management. But here we are, and because I am so much in the flow of gratitude these days, I'm going to review a place we've visited before. I've just erased my last sentence in which I said there is no such thing as too much gratitude, but I've seen obsession in all practices, so....

Gratitude becomes a state of mind after we practice it for awhile. It may sound redundant, but I am so grateful that I learned along the way that gratitude is essential to living a whole, balanced life.

I've pretty much, with the exception of a very dark period when my thyroid failed, been a Pollyanna. Glad for this, glad for that, pretty positive and grateful throughout. Sincerely. I don't relate to pretense about gratitude. Say it out loud, feel it in my body, breathe deeply and send it out, absorbing it as it returns. Not that there is time to do that whole process every time I feel and express gratitude, but when I can, that's the cycle.

Curious about why and how, I've asked questions about gratitude. I started asking about the physics of gratitude when the "gratitude journal" trend started. Along the way I've learned that the expression of gratitude activates an exchange with our physical world and expands out to engage The All That Is.

Repeating: Consciousness is one experience. It is one thing, so whatever it is that we put into it, changes it. A note: Let's not obsess about this. What we put in that we wish we hadn't can be changed, and our experience in reversing it has value, too.

Gratitude opens the heart - or that part of our physical being that feels like our heart. When we express gratitude with breath, that part of us opens and the energy expresses outward. As it moves into Consciousness, it communicates to others and expands out to The All That Is.

The physics of this boggles my mathematically-challenged mind, but I know that it is real. I feel it for myself and Wisdom has shown it to me with vivid imagery and energy. As it moves out into the Cosmos, it engages with everyone who is related to the experience you are having and they, in turn, are moved to respond, to enthusiastically agree with you and to cooperate with whatever it is that you need.

Gratitude, then, is a significant element in Creation. So, considering how we project an intention or visualize what we want, incorporating gratitude in that creation activates the Consciousness. For instance, these days we are creating "the perfect assisted living place" for Mom. To activate that creation, I incorporate gratitude: "I am grateful for the perfect assisted living place for Mom." Breathe and surrender it. In other words, it is done. We have created it, we are so grateful and we let it go.

At this reflective time of year, we naturally express gratitude for what was. We can engage with and create what is that we choose for 2011. Out of our Wisdom and in alignment with the greater good, we are pioneers in this expansive Creation. Take a deep breath and dare to create the dream. Let's be bold, striding into 2011 with the confidence of The All That Is. See you there!

Until then,
I am Phyllis, still Becoming

No comments: