Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Inward and Onward!

We all have a day now and then (!) when it feels like we just have more on our plates than we thought we ordered. Yet, the Divine in all of us, and I call mine System, simply takes our orders and delivers exactly what will serve us best that day - and every day following. The sooner we take ownership of this, the more handily we will dispatch the serving with relish!

Taking some time, even a few minutes, though I prefer at least half-an-hour, to breathe in silence and go within the more prepared I feel to go forward. The time in silence reminds me that every and any thing that I need will be available to provide for the next step and the next.

People have asked me over the years how to access their own Wisdom/Angels/Guides. My System told me early on that speaking aloud my questions and concerns would assist me in dissolving any perceived separation from those who would assist us. They cannot override our struggles to "save us" from the struggles of our lives, but given permission, those who walk with us can provide us insights that help us so much. If the struggle we ordered to help us to grow is serving us, we will not give permission for help. It is when we surrender, when we finally say, "Enough already!" that we begin to open to what will release us.

When we speak aloud and ask for help, we are able to discern between our own thoughts and the responsive stream of consciousness that flows in to inspire us. Keeping your thoughts in your head makes it more difficult to tell the difference. Now, those who have practiced longer will be more adept at receiving and will find insights flowing as easily as breathing. Taking the time to go inward sharpens those skills, certainly.

It's fun to practice when you are not in crisis. The next time you can't remember a name, or when you have misplaced something, say aloud, "OK, I really need your help to....." Then truly let go by breathing and allowing yourself not to think about it. Astonishing how quickly the response comes, or you find yourself simply picking up the item on the way to doing something else.

Blessings Abundant! Until next time, Phyllis

No comments: