Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Anchors and Wings

Greetings!

In times of great change, we all need our anchors.  I know some of mine, and I wonder how you would answer if we could sit down to chat.  My family and friends anchor me in love and in challenges that bring me into the reality we must all face.  I soar into other dimensions with my clients, who then anchor me with a hug.  My home anchors me.  Meditation may seem to be a journey outside of self, but it does anchor me.  My church is an anchor, challenging me to personal growth and providing a grounding in faith.

My heart is full and my system at peace, with such gratitude for the loving, creative, generous and enthusiastic people of Lake Superior Interfaith Community Church.  As Ann, our board president said when we came down from the sanctuary Sunday afternoon, finding her standing on a chair applying plastic to the windows (!), "The church is glowing!"  And truly is was/is.

This little church has survived so much, creatively and with determination affirming that it has such value, no matter what the challenge, no matter what change is necessary to raise its Consciousness.  Its sacred nature exceeds any perceived limitation and soars to another level.  I embrace this church, created on a foundation of love, affirming and celebrating that, after 25 years of trips to Duluth to offer messages a few Sundays each year and, in turn, to be served by this church, I am at home.

And, with new members finding themselves happy to be among us, I thought, how perfect that they arrive as the vibration so vividly radiates this loving intention and says, "Yes, here we are and welcome!"

We do not all choose a church to provide us a community of faith, and I'm the first to say it surely is a personal choice.  In fact, had it not been for my church inviting me to speak all those years ago, I don't know that I would have a church.  My mother and daughter-in-love have chosen the White Bear Unitarian Universalist Church, and I attend there with them most Sundays.  That church is an anchor in social justice and a UU church not afraid to explore God, with fabulous music and a minister so inspiring she defies description.

Spirit anchors me and gives me wings.  A church we prefer may not always be available when we need an anchor.  Nurturing ourselves in faith, unique to each of us, we thrive, we find our anchor and our wings.

I am never alone, we are never alone, and with a breath - or several - move from any trouble, any wrinkle in my world to a place where I am solid and clear.  I love the music in a church, the people, the creative approach of a community to reach out, to touch one another and the world outside of its walls.  I am blessed by it, but it is not religion that compels me.  After years of struggle to find who I am with God, I am grateful to have found the path within and without.  I celebrate with each of you the path you choose.  How exciting that we choose differently and help to anchor one another in our discoveries!

Becoming still, with Breath,
Phyllis





No comments: