Friday, February 25, 2011

Exploring Consciousness

Good Morning!

When I write, my tendency is to write the second paragraph first, which reveals to me the first paragraph so that I can complete my thought, and this is what I realized I'd done again about expanding Consciousness. So here we go, the first paragraph....

My belief that Consciousness is one body of energy has not changed. But when we talk about expanding Consciousness I believe also that we might try to understand this great unknown by talking about what it is for each of us. I am going to talk about this as if it is the only truth, but want you to understand that I offer what I believe or know about at this time in this place - always exploring what more it might be, always curious about the most curious thing of all.

We are each born in our own stream of Consciousness. In spiritual terms, we might say we are born with our own unique link to God/Creator. As unique beings we are contributing to the expansion of Consciousness simply by being human. As humans who have curiosity and desire to know more of ourselves, we become intentional explorers and fulfill themes of the human condition unique to our personal Plan.

When I took the Avatar course, I thought I would advance in the program to the Masters course so that I could deliver the program to other people. I admired the principles of Avatar, guiding people to living deliberately, recalling self as Source. Then I had a vision of the Avatar stream of Consciousness, parallel to of my own path of exploration and knew that they were both of value, and they were not the same. So I credit Avatar with helping me to expand my personal Consciousness and to accept that my path has equal value.

Another event opened doors in Consciousness. Back in 1995, I was sitting in the Forest Lake Perkins Restaurant one night waiting for my friend, Michael, to arrive. Staring into the night sky, my body suddenly felt like a spoon slipping through Jello and I was in a place so foreign to me I was disoriented. I was sitting on the ground, leaning against a rock and it was soft. A guide was holding my hand, and I realized later it was Christ. He said, "You are safe. Look around. I'm right here." This place is The Garden, a location we find when we die. The colors were unlike any I'd ever seen, multidimensional and I could taste them. Everything was effervescent and so lovely I could not take it all in. I don't know how long I was gone, but suddenly I slipped back and, plunk, I was back in Perkins.

I relate this to consider the many ways we can explore Consciousness, thus expanding our personal stream of Consciousness. This was a trip I took, like a trip you might also take.
It was not a vision. A vision, to me, is a shift in Consciousness; expanding into perceptions that enhance our life experience. My trip was physical. When I have a vision I feel a subtle shift and my attention is on an alternate perception. Taking a trip out-of-body is a physical experience. These trips I have taken move me physically, and I can feel my return as a jolt back into my body, though I have no sense of absence while I am traveling. I always feel disoriented when I return. This is a bit startling when it happens while I am driving, but I am told that I am more competent behind the wheel when I am not conscious!

Another kind of travel is more startling. Being transported from one place to another while driving, suddenly finding oneself in a distant location when no time has elapsed, has happened to me, to my son (thankfully I was on the phone with him when it happened so that we could verify the experience) and to some other people I know. Impossible? No, this kind of expanded Consciousness defies logic but is verifiable.

Another exercise in expanded Consciousness is just as remarkable. I have more than once occupied the same place at the same time as another person, yet neither of us can find the other. The details are too lengthy to report here, but this has been verified as well. Coming back into the 3-dimensional world from such an inter-dimensional journey is startling for the people who happen to be present when I pop back in. When in my car, I am the only observer, but when out walking in the world, others become involved.

All of these expansive experiences are worthy of considering because they illustrate that we are not limited to this body, and the more curious we are, the greater the chance of exploring these examples of expanded Consciousness.

We are becoming inter-dimensional beings. The more of these journeys we take, the more alternate aspects of ourselves we explore, the more expanded the Consciousness. We are all contributing. Each unique being explores his/her own stream and changes the physical world by expanding Consciousness. We can only minimally appreciate the value of all we explore and contribute now. What a trip! I am so glad to be taking it with all of you.

Until next time,
I am Phyllis, still Becoming


No comments: