Thursday, February 24, 2011

Expanding Consciousness

Hello, Everyone!

Twice in the past week great people have asked me how to expand Consciousness. I realize that we don't have to spend a lifetime learning how to expand Consciousness as it seems I have. We can intentionally accomplish this by using some tools, so I'll offer what I have used over time. Any you can add, please share them with a comment and I will be happy to post them later.

We all know meditation opens us to Consciousness. It is the best known and most used, but I was never a very good meditator on my own. Lots of people I know enjoy amazing personal meditations, so if you can do it on your own or take a class in meditation, it surely achieves your goal. I love group meditation. The Consciousness of the group joined in a common goal helped me to maintain focus and proved an excellent exercise to move inter-dimensionally and taught me that I could prolong a meditative state.

These days I have combined my meditations with a nap. I lie down, breathing deeply and focusing my attention just beyond my third eye. Expecting nothing, and open to anything, I may have an experience, or I may fall into sleep. In any case, because I am intentionally opening to whatever it is that I need, I get it; a message, a physical treatment or a nap or all of them. I was guided to this because I could not stay awake while meditating, and Wisdom said I did not have to choose. Cool.

Breathing is the key to maintaining a meditation, extending the time in a meditative state and maintaining a state of relaxation that allows Consciousness a chance to communicate. I'll outline a breathing visualization that creates a meditative environment at the end of this post.

Intentional dreaming expands Consciousness. The exercise of partially waking and writing down dream images while still relaxed and breathing easily is an expansive process.

Walking and observing while breathing is a wonderful exercise. Breathing and "feeling into" one inanimate object after another; then doing the same with animate beings or things and feeling the difference between the energies of the two is very revealing and expands Consciousness. This one came to me through the Avatar course about 10 years ago.

Changing language to express our most authentic self also expands Consciousness. Listening to myself as objectively as possible and taking a breath to allow Wisdom to express through me, I change from reaction to more inspired expression. When we react before we can breathe, we speak or act from self-consciousness. When we breathe, a more inspired Self responds, thus we exercise expanded Consciousness. This practice is so satisfying that it becomes a habit. Nice.

There are many psychic exercises that expand Consciousness; practicing with a friend to focus on an image, then sharing impressions; psychometry, which is a practice of sensing information from objects; meditation with one or two other people then sharing impressions; taking training in energy work/alternative therapies. There are many books on the subject of psychic development that offer several exercises.

Now, the exercise that prepares for meditation or simply opens us to expanded Consciousness:

Sitting upright with hands open on your knees, begin to breathe deeply until you are relaxed.
Then, visualizing breath as a rod of light, send the rod down through your legs, out your feet and down deeply through all the layers of Earth into the molten core. Anchor yourself there.
Breathing deeply bring breath back up into your body and out through the top of your head and as far up into the heavens as it wants to go. Anchor yourself there.
Breathing deeply again bring that rod of light down through the top of your head and into the deep center of your brain where the hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal glands sit together.
Continuing to breathe, visualize or feel the light massaging each of those glands in turn.
These glands open you to your most primal psychic beginnings and to your most inspired, expanded Self. This technique was taught by the person who introduced so many of us to
Synergy, a group meditation focused on service to the planet. It is the most effective I've found.

Until next time,
I am Phyllis, still Becoming


No comments: