Friday, November 5, 2010

Rhythms

Greetings!

I do have gratitude, but felt I'd overworked the greeting ~:-)

In past posts I've sure worn you out with reminders to breathe and release; to rest within self.
I had another reminder this morning of the reasons we do well to breathe therapeutically and find that Sacred Space within.

I was reaching out to answer the phone soon after I got up - and realized the phone hadn't rung yet, simultaneously realizing it was about to. And sure enough it did, and it was Mom. Nothing at all serious, by the way. After the call I found myself singing, "Rhythm, I have rhythm," to the tune of, "Heaven, I'm in heaven, and my heart..."

Rhythm is the reason to breathe and release. Our hearts work in rhythm, our breath is in rhythm - even shallow breathing - and our electrical impulses and pulses are rhythmic. The point is, our System knows rhythm and feels so much better, operates with harmony and ease, when we intentionally breathe deeply and regularly.

The longer we practice this rhythm, the more rhythmic is the life we lead; phone calls, spontaneous activity of all kinds. Rhythm within, rhythm without. We respond to inner signals to lead a more rhythmic life, and this applies to everything. Living a life of increasing ease is something we all desire and a goal we can all achieve and enjoy. I'm practicing with you.

Until next time,
I am Phyllis, still Becoming

No comments: