Monday, November 1, 2010

If It's Hard, It Isn't Meant to Be

Greetings in Gratitude!

Today I nearly forgot my own rule: "If it's meant to be, it will flow."
And over the weekend, preparing a meal for my family, I did forget it, so here in the light of a lovely November 1st, I am reaffirmed. If it's hard, if it doesn't flow, STOP. It isn't meant to be, at least in the way I'm doing it. And what an opportunity to streamline life.

The meal was from the heart. The dish kept challenging me; the ingredients, the preparation.
But I kept on, and the result was digestible, but it wasn't the dish I first envisioned. I had changed it in favor of "doing something new." And no one complained, but I wasn't satisfied. When I went to bed last night, I asked what it was about. So.....

This morning I got up and checked my land line and had no service. Now, to tell you the story of the cable company and the phone company (that also provides my wireless service) would only give you a headache and further congest the issue. Any of you who have gone to the ropes with either of these technical octopuses already understands.

Yes, the more I explained and requested, the further into the abyss I went. First the phone folks, then the cable people, and back again, until, on the advice of one supervisor, I had the phone in my hand to explain and request again and it hit me: If it's meant to be, it will flow. I choose to have no landline, and I have dismantled my phones. If ever you called me on the 781 number, please erase it. I have my cell phone and it will do the job. I feel so much lighter.

Are you old enough to remember the 70's projections that were made for the technology of the future? It would simplify our lives. We would have so much time to relax. The truth is, humans have always found ways to complicate life as if the struggle justified our lives. My next step is to simplify my cable TV life. But not today.

Until next time,
I am Phyllis, still Becoming



No comments: