Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I am Pink!

Happy Day!


I've begun my 70th birthday with a good workout in the fitness center, then a great mug of coffee and some Pogo games, with a warm "hello" from my sis, Judith.  It's a good day.  Mom and I will have lunch, then off to pick up Shannon from her school and dinner with her and her dad.  As soon as I shower I will refresh my coffee and open the cards so many lovely people have sent.


I'm feeling nostalgic.  The sky is a perfect pink as the sun comes up and I reflect on the reality we live with as the years pass and we answer to others when asked our age.  I am Pink, I might say, or I am Excited!  I own my age and am truly amazed and grateful that I have somehow managed to arrive here.  At the same time, my age has less to do with who I am than the color of the sky or the energy I am carrying today.  


I own more of my God-ness than ever before in this lifetime.  So I say, "I am God," with more conviction and trust myself to feel the way that feels.  Now, it's surely been a long trip to even begin to own that.  I think it and I feel into it, but to say it is a stretch still.


So those are my reflections on this birthday.  Whatever your day is for you, maybe it would be fun to reflect on what and who you are beyond any age or physical measurement. 


Breathing with you,
Phyllis/PhylEl, surely Becoming

No comments: