Sunday, September 12, 2010

Unexpected Joys

Greetings in Gratitude!

This week, while very full and energetically challenging, held serendipitous moments that made everything else feel lighter.

Yesterday Nancy O. and I celebrated her birthday - a day late - at a restaurant near her home in Champlin. While the food wasn't very good, and the smell of beer provided an interesting atmosphere, the company was perfect and we knew it was the "right" place to celebrate.

Yesterday, September 11, the anniversary of the terrorist attacks, was on our minds and part of our conversation. Our wait person, Katie, had a tattoo that caught my attention.
It was the Chinese character for "peace," tattooed on her upper right forearm. It was her only tattoo (that we could see), and she said her family members have similar tats expressing, "hope," "courage," and so forth. I have never before had the inclination to be tattooed, but....

When breathing and aware we are open to the delicious moments that weave into of the fabric of our lives: leaving my apartment at just the right time to have a few moments with my friend, Mark; answering an unidentified call to find the person who's been on my mind at the other end; finding, online, this colorful and perfect spot to celebrate Nancy's birthday; standing at my deck doors on the morning when the sky was so brilliant it took my breath away, then to breathe deeply to accept all the gifts it held.

A full life is a life filled with breath that releases us from "busy" and delivers the gifts that lift us up; a reminder of the perfection in all things.

Breathing with all of you,
I am Phyllis, Becoming

No comments: