Saturday, September 11, 2010

Beginnings and Endings

Greetings in Gratitude!

Today is a day of details: snakes and snails and puppy dogs' tails; the oddities of life come to mind. This is a day to review collections, to determine what details of life we want to keep and what has served its purpose, now to be discarded. If this applies to things, then what about thoughts, ideas, behaviors. What about hurts, pain, reasons to hold others accountable.

I like the idea of a New Year that begins near the end of summer; Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, stimulates the same feelings that our Christian new year has always done for me. I love that we have a reminder that a New Year begins for us at any point on the calendar. The Chinese New Year is in the spring, and so it goes. We decide, not the calendar, when to take stock of what serves us and what does not.

A dream this morning has apparently sparked this reflective mood. In the dream, I was hired by an innovative company to distribute a new product. It was a powder that was sweet and very heavy. A little on the ends of my fingers weighed down my hand, but only as my attention was on it. When released, it was lovely and light and easily inhaled. And sprinkling it on food provided a magical means to achieve weight loss.

Since age 11 I have fixed my attention on body image. So many of us live our lives in such a tangle of feelings and behaviors that are largely stimulated by society, communicated in part by family members who struggle similarly. This is too big, that is too small, we weigh too much, we weigh too little. In the past few months I have been breathing through those feelings and behaviors to reveal the Wisdom of my physical, mental and emotional systems. Wherever our attention sits we create - something. When our attention is on the body, we create the very condition we most resist. Ah, yes, resist-persist.

I am delighted that my consciousness is revealing the magic that is within to recreate the direction of my attention and to reveal the physical system that serves me best; whatever its size, whatever its shape, the system already known within me, seeking peaceful acceptance.

Breathing with Delight,
I am Phyllis, Becoming

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you bottle that powder and send it my way? :)