Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Conversations with System

Greetings in Gratitude!

New practice opportunities arise, most times when we least expect them, of course. My latest is with a virus that cropped up with symptoms Monday, in the middle of the night. And while I am a bit fuzzy this morning, I thought this would be a good time to talk about consciousness in all things - including viruses.

An organism too small to see with the naked eye has its own consciousness. Our human cells have consciousness. The space between the identifiable elements of our DNA is consciousness.
Watching a special on DNA one day, I laughed out loud when the scientist identified the various known parts, and simply dismissed the space between them as insignificant. Oh, my, science will one day catch up. In the meanwhile, we can benefit from knowing that consciousness is what holds all of our parts together - and it hears every message we send it.

I've told the story many times of the incident several years ago when I was unpacking my car in a motel parking lot in Eau Claire, WI, and slipped on ice. As I slid under the car, I heard and felt my knee pop and tear. What a mess. I was out of sight of the motel entrance, no one in sight, so I crawled to the side door, hoisted myself up and hopped to my room.

After crying for a while, I called my sister, Judith, who does absentee energy work, then I settled in to ask for help from the rest of my crew. This guidance changed the way I think about our physical system. I was guided to hold my knee, lovingly thank it for its strength and its determined service; ask it for its wisdom, then give it permission to recall its perfect function.

My first clients of the day were and are good friends who also helped me so much; going to the drug store to get a support bandage, etc. I was able to see all my clients and to do the workshop I had scheduled. I was so much better after the first day that I could stand up to take a shower - and tore the knee again! So I redoubled my efforts, since I had obviously not received the message yet.

The consciousness in every cell of my knee listened to my messages of loving respect. And I heard the messages the knee gave me; messages of resistance to going forward, fear of supporting myself entirely on this work, etc. I heard them and I breathed them in and released much emotion over the wisdom. The knee responded and repaired itself. When I left the motel in a few days, I was barely limping, and the healing continued at an amazing rate. Few things over the years have changed me so much.

So as I thought again yesterday about all of this, I realized several things. A part of me would just love to succumb to the symptoms and be sick. The kid part of me could just enjoy the chance to talk about my symptoms to anyone who would feel sorry for me and I could indulge myself in doing nothing. Or, I could speak to the virus in my system and ask why I had invited it in, then remain open to whatever means I have to release its symptoms. I've chosen the later. I've realized some of the wisdom and will continue today in a curious conversation with this visiting virus.

My next step is communicating to my System that I choose to more consciously operate so that an injury or a virus will not be necessary to get my attention. Now that is exciting!

I am grateful that I have the time to attend to these exercises in consciousness. I am also certain that we do not need "extra time," to accomplish our release from symptoms. Being gentle with ourselves, surrendering expectations and continuing the journey, we can all benefit from a conversation with our symptoms. They are simply messengers seeking to deliver important information that can bring us great benefit - if we will let them. Let's all be encouraged to explore the consciousness that is the primary element of every cell. Every cell is aware. Every cell is responsive. We are the explorers, and the terrain is within.

Until next time,
I am Phyllis, Becoming

No comments: