Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Losses and Revelations

Greetings in Gratitude!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! But don't get me started on the Hispanic/immigration issue. If I decide I have something to say about that, I'll write to my local paper.

Today I am celebrating the lives of many loved ones who have left their human suits behind to join the legions of survivors we like to call spirits.

As we left the funeral service for my oldest cousin, Dick Andrus, last night, I looked up to see a gorgeous double rainbow radiating against a very black sky. As I shouted back to those standing near the building, "A rainbow for Dick!", I heard clearly, "No, a rainbow from Dick." Very like him to give us something of beauty following a lovely service that honored him with such heartfelt energy; just as he left us rich memories of his music and that twinkle in his eye that told a person he truly was glad to see you.

The synchronicity of a service for my cousin Dick, at the same time as we had services for my former husband, Dick, and my uncle, Nick, 2 years ago, resonates as an exclamation point in this life. Seems they all decided to begin a new stage of life just as we are celebrating our new, pretty, green Spring. And they all coordinated their physical exits in some mystical synchronicity that we could not miss. Congratulations, guys, and I love you all.

Another note that resonated for me last week: A client gave me permission to relate a piece from his reading. When he asked why he has few friends he really wants to cultivate, he was told that he chooses only those who carry a similar "cosmic weight." Something to think about as we assess our relationships. And a reason to drop any self-consciousness.

As I prepare for the church service in Duluth on Sunday, I'm considering the message to bring to our church community and I think it is about Becoming. We are exploring so many unique ways of Becoming. Seems a huge landscape, and has much Wisdom to reveal. Mother is going with me; a first for us in the 20+ years I've been serving my Duluth church. And it's Mother's Day. Another perfect resonance.

We walk around in these human suits for whatever time we design in this Cosmic Web. We choose those with whom we will walk the design, some with "cosmic weight," some without, but all still important players in our design. We stay the course and Become, all the better because we share the course with them. And we say goodbye, temporarily. Or we change the character of the relationship as they release their physical envelope. But they are still in the loop of the human consciousness, so they are still human in all the ways that count.

I often hear the lovely voice of the female character who loves Ben Hur in the movie of that name, relating the message she has heard from Jesus, "We are more than we know." Indeed.

Until next time, Breathing with you,
I AM Phyllis, Still Becoming


No comments: