Sunday, May 9, 2010

Gifts that Multiply

Greetings in Gratitude!

On this Mother's Day Sunday, I celebrate all those of you who share this title and these gifts. And I offer a short post today as I am on the way to Duluth in about an hour. Mom is going with me for the first time, and I am grateful for that, too. We both like road trips, so it must be one of those lovely things she has passed on to me.

Last week, on Tuesday, I received an abundant bouquet of lilies from a lovely friend and her equally lovely son. They came through 1-800-Flowers in the long box with clear instructions for care of the stems. I took them from the box, removed the bands holding them in place, stripped the lower greenery and cut the stems, and arranged them in the graceful rose-colored vase also provided. On the 4th day, or thereabouts, I was to change the water and add another packet of flower fresh to keep them blooming.

Yesterday I took them from the vase, cleaned it, prepared the fresh water with the solution, washed the stems, and as I replaced them in the vase a small packet suddenly appeared against the flower stems, as if from nowhere. The clear plastic packet was flat, and held what appeared to be a lot pearls. I opened it to discover a faux pearl expandable bracelet, over an inch in width. It's very pretty. I'll wear it today.

Apparently, I needed the gift to multiply and expand through the week, as it has. Thank you, Linda and Leif. Thank you, my All That Is.

Breathe and have yourselves a lovely day, Until next time,

IAM Phyllis, Still Becoming

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Phyllis,
Two things occur to me--or maybe more!

One, the "pearls of wisdom" you have shared with me and to all of us since 1983 are represented by the pearls in the bracelet.

Two, check to make sure these are indeed "faux pearls" and not real ones!

Three, You know my capacity to create amazing things via the Universe--maybe I needed this re-affirmation as well!

Love, Linda (and Leif)