Monday, August 5, 2013

Heaven Can Wait

Good Morning!

The title, "Heaven Can Wait," comes popping into my head as I open this morning.  And it does have to do with what I thought I'd chat about this morning, which is that some days are for nothing, well, nothing obvious.  Every day produces something, but we're so programmed to achieving that when a day looks inactive, as mine was yesterday, the appearance is that it was a nothing day.
Heaven, or Spirit, is a constant, but obviously pursuing anything is not necessary every day.

Re-creation is the foundation for the energy it takes to actively engage in any day.  Yesterday was about recreating myself.  I loved my overnight, Friday night, with my two granddaughters.  What a joy to share life with them for 30 energy-filled hours when we have time to connect.  And then, being such a solitary being, I do need the time to renew.

I'm reminded of the affable and inspired minister at Unity Church in Golden Valley some years ago.  He spoke one day about how Monday was his day off, so he would go golfing.  Then one day, while lining up for a shot, he realized that he was tensing up, trying to improve his game.  His days of planned re-creation were not at all relaxing.  What he really needed was time to renew; time with himself to replenish.

On this gradually sunny Monday I have some things to accomplish and I'll let them flow with breath and confidence that whatever needs doing will naturally come about on its own.

I know what the girls are probably doing today.  They have a new puppy; a Greater Swiss Mountain dog who looks so cute in the first pictures it makes me go, awwwww.  Her official name is themed to her litter - Sunshine Punch - and they'll call her Sunny.  Andrea is delighted with the balance in this.  Their other dogs are Ursa (stars), Luna (moon), so now the addition of the sun is perfect.

While it takes different energy to have two such lively people in my space overnight, I love that I am renewed in that energy, too.
Seeing the world through their eyes is a joy beyond reason.  Well, who needs a reason for joy!?  And speaking of joy, I think my next post will be about health and well-being.  I'm done for today, so I
wish each of you a flowing and perfect day of re-creation.

Happily,
Phyl-El

No comments: