Thursday, June 7, 2012

Reflections on God

Good Morning!


Last Sunday in Duluth for the Circle Service, which I love, I suggested that our conversation focus on: how do I remember myself as God; how have I forgotten that I am God; what does being God feel like; what does it mean to be God; how do I know God, etc.


As I drove home after the service I realized that every person who spoke, and many did, reflected on how they have forgotten their God qualities.  They focused on how ego had controlled their behaviors.  Now I realize that, while I thought at least some of them would be excited to relate their creative adventures, I had set them up for the negative.  


I opened by saying that we come in this human suit, wrapped in ego and seeking to recall the original God-suit through our human adventures.  Their thoughts went to the egocentric behaviors that challenge them; that challenge all of us.  Nothing wrong with reflecting on how we are challenged and changing, but as effective as the service was, our intuitive/psychic/metaphysical adventures were not explored as I expected they might.


I love that some who spoke showed the personal courage to reveal a very vulnerable aspect of themselves.  Exposure to a group with whom we interact at so many levels is a powerful act of faith; an act that changes both the speaker and the observers. 


The congregation designed the service, and that's what a Circle Service is all about.  Just because I thought they would jump at the chance to relate their multi-dimensional adventures, once I turned it over and folks stepped forward to hold the talking stick, they shaped the service to meet their own needs.  And so it is.


Now, here on the other side of the Venus transit, the tight corkscrew energetic I saw on Monday has relaxed.  All is swirling, so we may not yet feel the focus we want, but the still-turning kaleidoscope will slow soon, bringing us into the manifestation of all this change.    


Breathing - a lot - helps, of course; breathing to release the need to know along with the anxiety of the not knowing.  In the not-yet-knowing, we are reflecting on unfinished business and releasing reactions to it.  We are building energy toward more acceptance of self, standing on stable God-platforms previously unknown to us.  We are trusting "who we are, where we are, when we are," more certainly than ever before.


Phyl-EL

No comments: