Monday, October 31, 2011

Change with Intention

Here again and Hello!

Change is a physical cycle so natural that we don't notice most of it.  What we do notice, in Earth's latest changes, are obvious because they cause us to question how safe we are.  Because change is inevitable and it can make us feel uneasy, Wisdom offers us some advice which I have shared with my church and some clients and it seems appropriate here.

To adapt to change, intentionally incorporate change in daily life.  The more we practice change, the more at ease we are with the condition.  The advice is to thoughtfully change some one thing each day or as often as possible.  It can be anything.  The example was to change the way you towel off after your shower or change the place you eat.  Small changes intentionally done each day help us to adapt more easily to change within and around us. 

The quotation from Gandhi, "Be the change you want to see in the world," is a different twist on this guidance.  That sounds intimidating, but when it's in the context of simple changes to adapt with greater ease it feels doable and accomplishes so much.  We might say, "I change simple things to adapt to change in the world."

In yesterday's posting I reflected on my journey toward authentic self.  I've noticed that my awareness of this more deliberate journey came because of the frequent changes that I've incorporated into my days.  Some changes have become better habits like eating more fruit.  Some of them are only an exercise to observe change as a thoughtful condition.

Breath achieves change.  This week I had a medical test in which the technician said that the contrast agent would quickly dissipate from the lungs with each breath.  And I thought, so do we release old energy from the body and achieve change with each breath.  Change is inevitable.  Intentional change expedites the cycle and I know that when each one of us changes on purpose we ease the stress on Earth.  What we do for ourselves has global implications.  What a good thought.

Until next time,
Phyllis

No comments: