Monday, September 9, 2013

Finding Ease in our Successes

Good Monday Morning!

Are we too results-oriented to appreciate our own successes?  The question comes up as I explore the concept of brain-Mind melding.  

I've felt/seen the conflict in clients when we explore a new means of achieving a desired change.  We talk about the process and the probability of reaching the new goal, an internal outcome that will be very satisfying, but with no obvious evidence to validate what they've invested.

In other words, as a culture we seek validation from those around us who might, seeing our investment, applaud our efforts, thus further anchoring the effect we have achieved.

We have moved into a Cosmic energy that makes possible so much more than we have ever believed possible for humanity.
Yet we are born of a karmic pattern that hungered for concrete evidence and the approval of others.  We love the thought of using this awesome energy to create a new self, a new Earth, while we feel like we're still lumbering along in linear, thus limited, physical dimension.

As I talked with a friend yesterday about the health of her partner, we discussed how he might choose to use the three-point formula to communicate with his system and perhaps achieve a resolution of his symptoms.  Is the formula enough to satisfy that need for concrete evidence?  Once relieved of our symptoms, is it possible for us to relax and celebrate our new creation without validation?
Is our System stronger when we can relax into our own knowing?

When I have shared with others the successes I've had with my own symptoms I've felt the implausibility factor.  And I understand it. I am, by nature, a skeptic.  However, the journey is a great teacher.

I am often prompted to share a physical success with a client or friend, so I have a fertile environment for practicing objectivity; for seeking within myself the ease of knowing without having to seek validation for what I've achieved.  Truth is, seeking to exceed my ego, I often share the successes of others (carefully disguised) to illustrate what is possible.  And so I observe ego; what a fickle thing it is and how, breathing, we can allow it to rest - sometimes. Whew!

We are moving closer to achieving ease, relieving the need to validate our outcomes by seeking the approval of others.  In the meantime, we breathe, we practice, we become.  Some of the good news is that we are doing it in good company.  Thank you for sharing the journey with me.

Phyl-EL

No comments: