Saturday, May 21, 2011

Perfection

Greetings on this perfect Saturday Morning!

Observing lately how it is that we so often devalue ourselves, I was struck with the beauty of my granddaughter Thursday evening at her very first full band concert. She is in 5th grade and in her first year at a charter school, grades 5 - 12, with a huge participation in the band program. She plays flute, first year, and she is very good. I brought her a rose, and when I congratulated her, she said, "I did great!" Even now tears come to my eyes,

Holding this tiny being in her first years, I would repeat, looking into her eyes, "Hello Andrea. You are strong, you are smart, you are beautiful." Her parents did, too. She believed it. She knows it. And I pray it means she will never undervalue her perfect self.

Most of us are raised with a different perception, most parents coming from a place of fear and self-consciousness and not so able to tap into pure energy. Every child with stable self-esteem has come from someone who was able to do that for them; to say to them, "I see who you are and I know you. You are perfect exactly as you are." I was not equipped to do this for my children. But these days I tell them in other ways and speak to them in Spirit as well to say,
"I trust your plan with God is perfect, and I will keep breathing with you to let go of any other perception."

God knows each of us in our perfection. We are created exactly to specifications that God deemed essential to the Whole. And I am not talking about a pontificating grandfather/God sitting on some throne far and away. Consciousness is God, we are God. God exists as a Source we can only imagine, but not understand. Not completely, not now. But I believe that God is the constant that maintains the balance of the Cosmos. The Grand Design creates us from energy/light. Every cell in our bodies remembers this Source, The All That Is.

I have been carrying a lot of body weight for years now. I've explored all the reasons why. I know all the means to reduce my weight in traditional terms. I understand nutrition and exercise. And while I will choose some of these, I seem to be emerging from this reality into a new state of being. It is my intention, and I've been asking for help in remembering the person that I am in a fit and healthy body. One day I heard, "I am Light."

I am recalling how to maintain balance, and this phrase, repeated to myself, helps me to feel into the ways in which I have devalued myself and to remember, gradually, gently, how to act in this dimension with respect for myself. I am also accepting that the way that I am and have been is also perfect. Creation lives in me, perfectly, exactly as I was, as I am, and as I will be.
I am Light. You are Light. And because we are all Light together, on this day, May 21st, when fear grips some of us, holding this truth that we are Light sustains us.

In Light, Breathing,
Phyllis

No comments: